Agria Privacy Notice
This notice sets out how we, Agria Pet Insurance Ltd will use your personal data so we are transparent with you and you feel that you are in control of your information. Please read this with care as by using our services you agree to this privacy notice.
If we need to make specific changes to the privacy notice, we will notify you as and when is necessary to ensure that you are kept informed.
Who are we?
- Agria Pet Insurance Limited (registered office: 1st Floor, The Blue Leanie, Walton Street, Aylesbury, HP21 7QW)
- Agria Försäkring
- Ageas Insurance Limited
- Ecclesiastical Insurance Office plc
Other Agria trading names in the UK:
- The Kennel Club Pet Insurance
- The Governing Council of The Cat Fancy (GCCF) Insurance
- Vet UK Pet Insurance
- BASC Dog Insurance
The data controllers under The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and any other relevant data protection legislation are Agria Pet Insurance, Agria Försäkring, Ageas Insurance Limited and Ecclesiastical Insurance Office plc. The Data Protection Officer for Agria has high level responsibility for monitoring compliance with all relevant data protection regulation including the use and processing of your personal information. They are also the lead contact for the main data protection regulator The Information Commissioners Office (ICO) with regard to potential complaints or breaches of the regulations by Agria.
What information do we hold?
The personal data that we hold on you includes:
- Your title
- Your first name and surname
- Your date of birth
- Your address details
- Your Telephone numbers
- Email address
- Your usernames or passwords for any online accounts you have set up with us
- Bank details (if necessary)
- Your pet’s information
- Claim information
- IP addresses, including google analytics and hot jar tracking software when visiting our website
- Your vet practice details
- Breeder information including details on your litters, Agria Breeder Club information and any payments made to you such as rewards
- Charity or rehoming centre information
We do not collect or hold any special category data, e.g. your medical records, religious beliefs or sexual orientation.
Why we gather the information that we obtain
Our legal basis for collecting and processing the personal data obtained from you will only be used for the following reasons:
- The data is necessary for the performance of a contract of insurance to which you are party to and you have taken steps to enter into this contract e.g. obtaining a quote from us and setting up or agreeing to be set up with a pet insurance policy via our websites, over the phone or through a third party such as your pet’s vet, breeder or charity/rehoming centre
- The data has been provided as you have provided your explicit consent to allow us to process your personal data for any other specific reasons
- The data is necessary in order to fulfil our legal and/or regulatory obligations
- The processing of the data is necessary for us to be able to contact you with regard to information where there is a legitimate interest to do so
|How we use your information?
||Our legal basis for processing it
To be able to generate and provide you with an insurance quote.
Setting up, servicing and managing your insurance policy.
Assessing and processing your claims.
Contacting you with regard to your insurance quote or policy.
|On the basis, that the data provided is necessary for the performance of a contract of insurance and without this we cannot fulfil our contractual obligations to you and cannot fully administer your insurance quote or policy with us, including being able to assess and pay claims accurately.
Recording and monitoring of telephone calls for training, complaints and/or to help us in preventing fraud and financial crime.
To keep records about you and our correspondence with you as well as your current and past insurance policies and claims information.
|On the basis that we cannot fully administer your insurance contract as well as to meet our legal and regulatory obligations to prevent financial crime.
|To contact you with regard to our products and services for a period of 5 years after the data was provided to us.
||On the basis that there is a legitimate interest for us to contact you to provide you with information related to a previous policy or quote you had with us.
|To contact you in regards to free insurance or joining the Agria Breeder Club for the litters that you have or will breed in the future
||On the basis of legitimate interest where we have used your data to contact you previously with regard to you as a breeder
We may contact you from time to time for marketing purposes separate to the reasons stated above and you will always have the option to opt out of this contact.
Automated decision-making & Profiling
We do not use your personal data for any automated decision making. We may sometimes use your data for profiling solely for ensuring we are contacting you with regard to the most relevant products or services to meet your needs.
International transfers of data
We do not transfer any data outside of the European Economic Area.
Who we might share your information with and for what purpose
- Ageas Insurance Ltd in relation to any third party liability insurance cover you have included within your insurance policy for your dog. For policies that start before 1 May 2019
- Ecclesiastical Insurance Office plc in relation to any third party liability insurance cover you have included within your insurance policy for your dog. For policies starting on or after 1 May 2019.
- Regulatory or government bodies including police forces, local authorities or council, The Financial Conduct Authority, The Jersey Financial Services Commission when it is necessary to do so to ensure compliance with relevant legislation or an enforceable government or police request. We may also share your data with fraud prevention databases or companies when helping to prevent fraud and financial crime
- Pet Professionals, if you are a policyholder with a higher level insurance policy with us where you receive membership to Pet Professionals
- With your vet, with regard to whether you have converted your free policy to a full policy with us
- Your Vet practice with information for one or several of the reasons set out below:
- To allow them to up-date your records that your pet is insured with us
- To discuss any claims that you have or are potentially going to submit
- To discuss a product or service offered to you by your vet in connection with Agria in regards to the health of your pet
- When a vet or complementary therapist who has, or is about to treat your pet contacts us about your policy, in order for them to continue to treat your pet, we may advise them:
- If you have a current policy
- The start and renewal date of your policy
- What your policy covers or doesn’t cover
- Your fixed excess and percentage excess amounts
- Information about how any outstanding premium payments could affect a claim payment.
- Pitpatpet Ltd for to purpose of issuing the Pitpat device to you, should you be eligible to receive one.
- Optimise Media (UK) Ltd for the purpose of issuing a reward to you under our recommend a friend scheme.
All individuals have rights under data protection legislation, which are listed below. Agria have measures and processes in place in order to deal with any requests made when exercising these rights.
- Your right to access the personal data we hold on you. You can request all personal data we hold on you. You have the right to contact us to request this using one of the contact methods stated below. We will review this and provide you with the information we have at the earliest opportunity, however, if the request is complex, we will contact you within 30 days to explain this
- The right to rectification if your personal data is inaccurate or incomplete. We strive to ensure that we have the most accurate and up to date data, however, please advise us as soon as possible, if any of the information we hold on you is inaccurate and we will rectify it.
- The right to request that your personal data is removed or deleted where there is no legal basis or compelling reason for this data to be processed any longer
- The right to restrict the processing of your data. You have the right to request that the processing of your data is restricted in circumstances such as when you contest the accuracy of the data or when the processing is unlawful
- The right to obtain and reuse your personal data for your own purposes across different services or organisations if this is technically viable
- The right to object to the processing of your personal data if you do not want it processed for the purposes of direct marketing or if the data is not being processed with the legal basis of legitimate interests
- The right to withdraw your consent that you provided to us at any time. If you have provided us with your explicit consent to process your data, you can withdraw this at any time.
- The right to lodge a complaint about the processing of your personal data with a Supervisory Authority
The relevant Supervisory Authority is The Information Commissioners Office (ICO), please visit their website which advises you of the best method to contact them, www.ico.org.uk
To exercise any of your rights mentioned above or with any specific queries on the personal data we hold on you, please contact us by post or email using the details below:
The Data Protection Officer
Agria Pet Insurance Ltd
Po Box 506
How long do we keep your information for?
We will not keep any personal data longer than necessary for the legal purposes that we are processing it. To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
We are committed to protecting your privacy and take our responsibilities regarding security of personal data very seriously. As your details are sent to us they are encrypted using a system called Secure Socket Layer (SSL 128bit). You will see a padlock symbol at the bottom of all pages on our website to confirm this.
SSL serves three purposes…
- It prevents impersonation so you can be certain you are dealing with us (click on the padlock to view our Registration Certificate).
- It encrypts data so that others cannot read it.
- It prevents others changing data that is being sent.
In addition, your data is stored behind a firewall on our internal systems; this prevents unauthorised people from gaining access to it.
Access to our internal systems is restricted to Agria staff via a regularly changing and complex username & password convention. Our data centre is protected by suitably configured firewalls - this means that data is not exposed to the public thereby protecting the data from theft and subsequent loss.
The data is backed up and held in a secure manner whilst ensuring that the data is easily accessible by the customer for access purposes if required.